Mica Strip Heaters
- Product Info
- Termination Options
Anupam's Strip heaters, often considered component heaters, are a simple way of using surface area to transfer heat effectively. A fairly inexpensive way of heating surfaces or small areas, strip heaters are an excellent solution to meet any budget. If strip heaters are used as a radiant heater, they have can have fins to maximize surface area and heat transfer to the air.
Mica Strip Heaters are constructed by winding a nickel-chrome resistance ribbon around mica insulation and encapsulated in a stainless steel sheath. They are available in an extensive variety of sizes and shapes with options for holes, notches and cut-outs. A number of threaded terminals, wire lead options and terminal boxes offer great flexibility for field wiring. These heaters are ideal for plastic processing applications and for anywhere heat is needed on a flat or curved surface.
- Heat up time is fast to provide a quick response to control input
- The flat inner resistance ribbon generates a broad area of overall heat to put the heat source close to the work
- Quality assembled winding and spacing of ribbon ensures maximum heat transfer and heater longevity
- The Stainless Steel sheath is treated so that the surface allows the increase of heat transfer to retard oxidation
- The Mica insulation also withstands high voltage temperatures, resist moisture, and remain immune to most chemicals
- The Aluminized Steel sheath is rust resistant, durably rigid, and generates heat well
Maximize your mica strip heater, by ensuring the following tips.
- The surface to be heated needs to be kept smooth and clean, for best heat transferring. Caution: Gaps can cause hot spotting
- Terminal post nuts should not be over tightened, while posts should be securely riveted to the elements. Caution: Excessive torque can break the connection
- Heaters mounted less than 1 inch apart on a metal base: derate by 5%
- Heaters mounted within 3 inches of a reflective surface: derate by 10%
- Heaters mounted 2-6 increase apart, that radiate toward each other: derate 10%
- Heaters mounted within one inch from reflective surface(s): derate by 20%
- Heaters mounted under 2 inches apart, and radiating towards each other: derate by 20%
- Surface heating
- Process air heating
- Drying cabinets
- Baking ovens
- Vacuum dehydrating ovens
- Moisture protection for motors
- Dropping resistors
- Line applications in railroads and load banks
- Car heating systems
- Space heating
- Packaging and sealing equipment
- Food warming equipment
- Vulcanizing presses
- Drying equipment
- Laboratory equipment
- Air conditioning
- Blow molding equipments
Standard Fiberglass Leads Termination
This Mica Strip heater has Fiberglass Leads that exit through outside surface.
Metal Braided Fiberglass Leads
This Mica Strip heater is designed with Metal Braid leads that exit through outside surface
High Temperature Quick Disconnect Plug
This Mica Strip heater has a High Temperature Quick Disconnect Plug termination for applications where frequent disconnection is required.
Horizontal Post Terminals
This Mica Strip has Post terminals at the same end across the width. The Post Terminals are protected with Ceramic Cap.
Vertical Post Terminals
The Post terminals are in the same line of this strip heater run length ways. The Post Terminals are protected with Ceramic Cap.
End to End Post Terminals
This Mica Strip style with Post terminals at each end of the strip heater. The Post Terminals are protected with Ceramic Cap